hp Jornada 700 series
The HP Jornada 700 series PocketPC supports Bluetooth wireless printing:
Before you can print, you will need a Socket Communications Bluetooth card and
software. Visit the Socket Communications Web site at:
setup and print
Follow these instructions to setup and print with the HP Jornada 700 series:
a Socket Bluetooth card and software.
install a Socket Bluetooth card
Installation instructions may vary by manufacturer. If your Bluetooth card comes with
installation instructions, follow the instructions that came with your card. Otherwise,
follow the instructions below:
1. Place the Jornada in its cradle.
2. Insert the Bluetooth software CD in the computer’s CD-ROM drive.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the Bluetooth software.
4. After the software has been installed, remove the Jornada from its cradle.
5. Press the
button once with the stylus.
The Reset button is located on the left side of the keyboard.
6. Insert the Bluetooth card in the expansion port or expansion slot.
expansion slot with
PC card adapter
discover the printer
From the Desktop on the Jornada, follow these steps to discover the printer:
1. Tap the
icon at the bottom of the screen.
The Bluetooth Devices screen appears.
The Bluetooth Device Discovery wizard appears.
Any Bluetooth Device
, then tap
The Jornada searches for any Bluetooth wireless technology enabled devices
within range. It displays the
Bluetooth device name
(see page 69) of any device
6. Tap the checkbox next to the printer’s Bluetooth device name, then tap
7. After the
window appears, tap
The printer’s Bluetooth device name appears next to a printer icon in the BT
9. Tap the
My Favorite Device
drop-down arrow to view a list of printers.
10. Select the printer, then tap
print a file using hp Jornada 700 series
Follow these steps to print over a Bluetooth wireless connection:
1. Insert the Socket Bluetooth card in the Jornada’s expansion slot.
2. Open the file you want to print.
dialog box appears.
7. If you are prompted to enter a PIN code, enter the printer’s
page 70), then tap
The Jornada connects to the printer, then the file prints.
The AnyCom Bluetooth card does not support the HP Jornada 700
series. To print over a Bluetooth wireless connection with an HP Jornada
700 series, use a Socket Communications Bluetooth card.